What is Wiki Loves Earth?
Wiki Loves Earth is a photographic competition open to everybody. Pictures must portray local natural heritage and scenic landscape and must be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons.
Why Wiki Loves Earth – Italian Alps?
This is the first edition of Wiki Loves Earth in Italy. As a start we preferred to focus on a defined area. We are based in northern Italy so the Alps were the obvious choice. We plan to expand in the next years.
How to participate?
- Log in on Wikimedia Commons or create a new account
- Search on the list of alpine protected areas the subject of your pictures
- Click on the button “Upload image”, next to the description of the monument (in the right column of the table: it will appear in June)
- Follow the instructions on Wikimedia Commons and upload your photo(s)
- Repeat the procedure to upload as many pictures as you wish
Don’t forget that:
- You need a valid e-mail address connected to your Commons account, since if you win, we will contact you via email: you can check if you have one in your Commons Preferences
- You have to be the author of the pictures you upload
- Pictures have to be uploaded during June (from the first of the month ‘till the 30th)
- Pictures have to be released under a CC-BY-SA license
- The subject of the pictures has to be one of the alpine protected natural areas from the lists
- Pictures have to contain the identification code of the depicted area
- You can participate with as many pictures as you wish
- You can also participate with old pictures, but you still have to be the author of them
About the organizer
Wiki Loves Earth – Italian Alps is organized by InFormAzioni, an association based in northern Italy, and supported by WikiAlpenforum, an international and multilingual project which aims to expand content about the Alps.